We Love Just Hanging Around
Where Dogs and People Play
Welcome to the Brevard Dog Park
Brevard Dog Park will provide a safe and secure environment where dogs can play, exercise and socialize off leash. The dog park will be a great opportunity for residents and visitors a like, to meet and mingle with their dogs and friends. Not only will the Brevard Dog Park be a wonderful gathering place for dog lovers, it will also help create a positive interaction between dog owners and the community at large.
- 2.7 acres
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Artificial turf
- Water drinking station for dogs and people
- Walking trail
- Dog waste bags
- Conveniently located at City of Brevard Sports Complex at 824 Ecusta Rd. Brevard, NC.
How you Can Help
- Contribute directly to the Brevard Dog Park
- Buy a Brick
- Come to meetings and help us brainstorm
- Tell your neighbors about us and our need
- Help raise funds
- Distribute marketing materials
- Donate your time at events
- If you own a business, sponsor events at your location
Benefits of a Dog Park
- Promote good canine physical health and socialization, reducing nuisance behaviors and making dogs better canine citizens
- Creates a more pet-friendly community
- Economic development – enhancing Brevard as a destination for nearby visitors to come with their dogs
- Build a community of people committed to parks, community involvement and the environment
- Makes the community safer by offering a secure area for dogs to play and socialize off leash and encourages compliance with local leash laws and reduce the number of dogs likely to end up in shelters
- Encourages people to exercise and stimulate social interaction with other people
- Surrounded by dog lovers
- Accommodate senior citizens and the disabled, who cannot always walk their dogs on leash
- Good resource for learning more about your fur-buddy
Brevard Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The dog park is CLOSED for maintenance every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Use of the dog park is at your own risk. You are responsible for your dog and any injuries caused by your dog.
- All dogs must wear a collar with a valid license and have current vaccinations required by law.
- Please be considerate and dispose of your dog’s waste in the receptacles provided.
- Dogs must be under control and supervision of their handler at all times.
- If your dog becomes aggressive, please leash the dog and exit the park immediately.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gates must be closed after entrance and exit.
- Puppies under four months and female dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- Food (human and dog) and glass containers are not permitted.
- Cats strictly prohibited.
Designating an area where dog guardians can allow their animals to run off-leash successfully remedies this problem in parks where the concept has been introduced. Violations of the leash law and subsequent public complaints have decreased; and dog guardians have a place to legally exercise their pets. Off-leash areas allow dog guardians to be law-abiding, easing the burden of enforcement on animal control officers and freeing them to do more important work, such as animal rescue and control of dangerous animals.
All donations are tax deductible. You can make your tax deductible donation to the Community Focus Foundation.
Please write for Brevard Dog Park in the memo line.